Why Yes Centre?

Q : I would like to apply school via Yes Centre, is there any extra fee for consultation and application?

No. Yes Centre won’t charge student any consultation fee and apply for school, unless there is an application fee from the school end.

Q: what’s the difference of apply school between myself and through Yes Centre?

Our education planners are all capable to provide students with professional and intelligent advice and assist them to apply the most suitable institutions for them in Australia. We advocate the most professional service as well as our energetic and innovative team spirit.

Living in Perth

Q : What is it like to live in Perth?

A : Perth offers students a great place to study in the sunshine with the city within close reach. There is a good job market and relatively low cost of living.

Perth is an ideal study destination for international students. It offers one of the highest standards of living in the world, but is more affordable compared to the UK or USA. All full-time students are entitled to a 40% discount on all public transport, and buses within the central business districts of Perth, Joondalup and Fremantle are free.
The city enjoys a Mediterranean climate with perfect blue skies and a pollution-free environment. Perth also has a relatively low crime rate compared to other major cities, making its campuses, transport and city streets safe and secure. There are a number of student accommodation options available for both local and international students.

Your particular lifestyle will determine your budget and the type of accommodation you will be happy with, but the following estimates don’t allow for luxuries such as flights to other parts of Australia for a holiday, flights home or buying and running a car.

We recommend that you arrange to arrive in Australia with at least $1,000 and you should also have access to a further $2,000 for your first week in Australia to cover costs relating to obtaining permanent accommodation, such as bond, rent in advance, utility connection and furnishings, etc.

Costs would normally include:

  • Accommodation
  • Clothing
  • Transport
  • Food
  • Entertainment

You will need approximately AU$16,000-20,000 per year ($315-400 per week) to cover your expenses (click here for currency conversion rates), in addition to your tuition fees. The cost of textbooks, obtaining a driver’s license and some of the “one off” type expenses when you first arrive need to be accounted for (e.g. bond for accommodation, household items, utility/telephone connection fees.) Use this as a guide only. Textbooks and stationery should be budgeted at approximately A$200 – $400 per semester and some money may be saved by purchasing second-hand books (advertisements are usually placed on the notice-boards around campus).

Working while studying

Q : I would like to combine my studies with work. Can I study part-time?

A : International students may not enrol in studies on a part-time basis as they are required to comply with the conditions of their student visa (they must enrol full-time). If you are an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident you may choose to enrol on a part-time basis.

Q : What are my working rights while studying?

A : After the 26th April 2008, student visas are automatically issued with work rights. While studying in Australia, students may work on a part-time or a casual basis for up to 40 hours per fortnight (or 20 hours per week) during semester, and on a full-time basis for up to 40 hours a week during semester breaks (semester breaks are those marked on the PIBT Academic Calendar). This does not include work that is a formal requirement of their program.

Q : What assistance is provided to find work?

A : Yes Centre will regularly post collected job information on our social medial platforms. Please follow our Facebook page and WeChat. At the same time, we also have an internship program called Turningpro, which has been designed for graduates and undergraduates who seek to have local work experience.